The Clemens Food Group, the leader in Pork Solutions, is seeking a dynamic Safety Specialist for our Fresh Pork facility in Coldwater, MI.
The Safety Specialist will assist in the development of and direction of the implementation of the Company’s safety program. This position will recommend measures to reduce or eliminate industrial accidents and hazards as well as monitor and ensure compliance with OSHA guidelines and regulations and established Company policies and procedures.
Investigate accidents and injuries and monitor follow-up on corrective action initiatives
- Conduct audits and inspections of the facility to detect existing or potential accidents, fire, other hazards and compliance with OSHA regulations and Company policy; recommend corrective or preventive action. Follows up to ensure corrective or preventive action has been taken.
- Conduct and/or supervise employee training programs in accident prevention, lockout/tag out, confined space, industrial truck, personal protective equipment, MSDS, and other employee safety programs.
- Track and analyze accidents and incidents and other safety indicators to identify trends in support of decision-making.
- Appraise the Company’s safety position and issue accident, incident, and safety trending reports.
- Conduct safety analyses of the Company and bench mark against similar SIC coded companies.
- Develop and drive the Company’s safety plans and forecasts.
- Develop short- and long-term safety goals; monitor follow-up efforts and progress toward achieving these goals through performance measures.
- Analyze studies, reports, and OSHA regulations on safety and their impact on the Company’s policies and operations.
- Direct and oversee departmental safety teams.
- Act as a business partner with other functional supervisors.
- Responsible for preparation and prudent budget practices in support of safety goals and targets.
- Direct supervisors in providing procedures and systems necessary to maintain the highest level of safety controls and programs.
- Ensure that Company safety programs and procedures meet the needs of providing a safe work environment.
- Promote goodwill and community involvement.
- Assure high standards of ethical conduct and personal behavior is maintained.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A. /B.S.) and Three (3) years relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work in a challenging position that will include long hours, and a positive attitude.
- Industrial Hygiene knowledge and sampling experience, as well as interpretation of results and related report development. (Noise, etc.)
- Additional related responsibilities as assigned.
Travis Westra, CSP
CLEMENS FOOD GROUP
572 Newton Road | Coldwater, MI 49036
P 517.278.2500 ext 4080