SAFETY SERVICES CONSULTANT
As a leading writer of commercial insurance for small/mid-size policyholders, Sentry provides valuable safety consulting services to assess and improve risk(s) in these business accounts. We seek an individual with passion for consulting on safety management practices and risk-management culture. This staff consultant will work from a home-based office to travel a defined territory to service customers in various industries including dealerships, manufacturing, printing and distributors.
What You’ll Do
The ideal Safety Consultant for Sentry Insurance will be based in the northwest suburbs of Detroit to service a territory including Michigan – with travel into northern Indiana or northwest Ohio also possible. Overnight travel is required to deliver onsite safety, risk assessments and training services to customers across this territory. You will also have access to growth/development through Home Office training, field job-shadows, safety conferences and department networking opportunities.
- Conduct onsite risk evaluation surveys and complete detailed reports to assist our Underwriting groups determine account acceptability.
- Provide risk management and consultative services to accounts to develop and implement relevant safety polices, programs and procedures unique to each account’s needs.
- Develop and demonstrate safety management expertise in areas such as commercial property protection, employee safety, product and employment liability and vehicle safety.
- Develop, coordinate and conduct safety/risk management training to assist account with actively advance risk awareness within their culture reduce claim frequency and severity.
- Deliver service proposals and plans to meet unique service needs of large accounts.
What it Takes
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Occupational Safety & Health, Engineering, Risk-Management or related study), or demonstrated experience in the safety-consulting field
- 1 to 3-years of insurance safety consulting or safety responsibilities in industry (manufacturing)
- Preference for an independent work structure, ability to organize, and self-motivate from your home-based office
- Ability to coordinate and service large accounts with multi-location operations
- Familiarity with occupational safety and fire protection standards & regulations
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Acceptable motor vehicle record for travel (3 – 4 days/week; 5 – 7 overnights/month, as needed)
- Desire to pursue professional Safety designations including CSP, or other designations
What You’ll Receive
We offer an outstanding set of benefits, including:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life benefits
- Generous Paid-Time Off, including Company Holidays
- 401k plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first eight percent – immediate vesting
- Access to more than 100 certification, designation and licensing courses
- Career advancement opportunities
Why Sentry Insurance
Sentry has been helping individuals and businesses build and protect their futures since 1904. Because of the trust placed in us, Sentry is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance
companies in the United States, and is rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry’s leading rating authority. Sentry offers a full line of property, casualty and life insurance products to protect businesses, cars, homes, lives and retirement incomes.
Every day at Sentry, we work hard to help you achieve professional and personal success. How? By offering the opportunity to make a real impact for our customers and real progress in your career—all while living your life in balance. Come join us.
Sentry Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Talent Acquisition Specialist Sr. | Human Resources
715-346-8544 | 715-204-2694 CELL | 715-346-6770 FAX