HSE Specialist in Muskegon, Michigan
Job Summary: The HSE Specialist supports local Management in establishing and continuously improving HSE culture within the worksite.
Relationships: The HSE Specialist reports directly to his Line Manager and functionally to HSE Manager (GeoMarket HSE Manager or to the Location/Country/Sub-GeoMarket HSE Manager).
Minimum Job Qualifications Essential Responsibilities and Duties: To develop Managers’ awareness and ensure HSE is an integral part of Line Management responsibilities and objectives.
To assist Line Management in:
- Understanding and Implementing the HSE Management System.
- Monitoring HSE objectives.
- Liaising with local contractors, and agencies regarding HSE.
- Assessing the local risks.
- Generating local HSE procedures, work instructions and checklists as required. Reparing and monitoring HSE plans that define how the HSE Management System is implemented at location level.
- Monitoring compliance to policies, standards and procedures.
- Plan and assist in compliance audits and self-audits (HSE MS, HSE and Product Line standards).
- To advise Management on corrective action required.
- To coordinate and actively participate in the screening and HSE training of all personnel, including contractors.
- To keep abreast of any new documentation and training material related to HSE and to inform management accordingly.
- To ensure that the relevant HSE documentation is updated and available on the site.
- To advise Management on the level of compliance of the local HSE program with Schlumberger, local and national requirements/regulations of the host country.
- To actively monitor & follow-up on HSE reports and facilitate LPT meetings, HSE audits.
- To support line management in investigations of failures and accidents.
- To develop and maintain a high level of awareness among all personnel through communications, training, and promoting active involvement of employees in HSE.
- To recommend improvements to the HSE program.
- Regular Quest reviews to ensure the logged data is correct and up to date.
- To analyze HSE trends for the location.
- University degree or Master’s degree preferred; equivalent experience to be considered
- HSE recognized as strength by peer and manager
- Good communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Basic English understanding
Disclaimer Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested