JR Automation was founded in 1980, and has grown to become one of the leading global systems integrators and solutions providers for the industrial automation industry. With over 2,000 employees at 23 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia, we are looking ahead towards continued success and expansion while servicing multiple industries, including automotive, aerospace, medical, and more. JR designs and builds highly integrated manufacturing systems, including robotic welding, testing, dispensing, material handling, and assembly solutions. JR’s customer base includes the world’s leading automotive, life sciences, aerospace, electronics, and industrial manufacturers. With a keen focus on technological innovation and a strong dedication to their employees, customers, and community, JR Automation is poised to continue its path toward further strategic growth and expansion.
- Prepare, improve, and deliver safety orientation for new direct and contract team members.
- Regularly communicate health and safety matters to Mgmt. Team and Company
- Complete the Job Hazard Assessments for Company Job Descriptions
- Maintain EH&S Signage
- Works with 3rd party compliance program to ensure JR Automation remains in good standing.
- Drives continuous improvement in the areas of health and safety throughout the business units
- Completes required recordkeeping including MIOSHA, OSHA, DEQ and others.
- Keeps current the Health and Safety portion of all Right to Know boards.
- Representing EH&S participate as required in direct work. May include brainstorming, assessments, and interpretation of Standards.
- Work cooperatively with governmental agencies to ensure high standards of health and safety are met.
- Assists in the review of relevant health and safety updates produced by OSHA, DEQ or other regulating agencies and advise on impact to the Company including policy updates and changes.
- Conducts routine occupational hygiene investigations and assures that all employees are aware of the hazards posed by exposure to decomposition products and hazardous materials as applicable
- Monitors manufacturing environmental standards/ISO 14001 which includes handling of wastes and permitting issues.
- Analyze accidents and near misses; and searches for patterns to establish corrective actions and reduce the potential for future accidents.
- Provide or facilitate regular education and training which may include, ergonomics, safety, hazardous materials, etc. Actively evaluates gaps and recommends additional training as necessary.
- Champion injury-reduction and safety-culture-improvement efforts, including proactive safety programs, employee engagement and risk awareness
- Regularly complete facility safety and health evaluations. Educates the team during and after the audits/evaluations regarding issues and concerns that need improvement or change. This includes regularly scheduled safety walks initiated and scheduled by EH&S Specialist.
- Leads the Return to Work process and recommends and implements improvements
- May be required to perform duties other than those specified in this description.
- Minimum 3 years of Health & Safety program experience with strong understanding of OSHA standards and titles.
- Ability to travel to various sites.
- Knowledge of environmental laws, regulations, and relevant legislation is required.
- Experience with developing and maintaining an Environmental program and/or processes.
- Successfully and Effectively deliver training to a diverse audience, to include New Hire training.
- Familiar with the use of Industrial Hygiene and its related measurement equipment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of industrial hygiene
- ASP Certification preferred