Who We Are:
Metal Technologies is a premier metal casting company that uses modern technology and a highly productive workforce to produce the best quality product. Since 1997, we have been a privately held, family-owned company. Metal Technologies produces high quality gray iron, ductile iron, austempered ductile and value-added machining for a variety of industries. Each foundry has unique processes and capabilities that complement specific product families and specifications. As a growing company, Metal Technologies offers a wide range of challenging and exciting career opportunities. If you are looking for a progressive company that promotes and rewards individual achievement, consider applying for a position with us.
MTI is committed to building and maintaining a culture of excellence through an adherence to our values:
- Faith.We honor God in everything we do.
- Family. We are family.
- Spirit.We can do this.
- Grit.We enjoy getting our hands dirty.
- Vision.We create opportunity.
- Rigor.We focus on process.
We offer a diverse and inclusive variety of benefits. At MTI we believe that taking care of our employees means to ensure that they can live healthy balanced lives which results in better work performance.
General Summary: Works with local plant staff to carry out or coordinate safety and environmental activities in the plant.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads plant EHS management.
- Helps to ensure compliance with state and federal safety, health, and environmental regulations as well as MTI programs and operating procedures.
- Perform workplace assessments and propose improvements to reduce risk.
- Delivers effective training to meet safety and environmental requirements.
- Manages the medical surveillance and qualification process.
- Carries out stormwater and non-contact cooling water inspections and recordkeeping.
- Ensures adherence to site specific environmental requirements (SWPPP, SPCC, APCP, EMS)
- Functions as contact point for routine plant environmental issues
- Manages response to spills and other emergencies
- Establishes a trusting, psychologically safe relationships with managers, supervisors, and the hourly workforce.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, critical thinking, and project management.
- Excellent understanding of applicable state and federal EHS regulations.
- Ability to identify and facilitate process improvement projects.
- Ability to manage the incident learning process.
- Knowledge of industrial hazard recognition and risk reduction measures
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interface with team members, management, and support functions within the company.
- Working knowledge of:
Machine guarding Hazard Communication
Hearing Conservation Lockout
Confined Spaces OSHA Recordkeeping
Incident Investigation Ergonomics
Clean Water Act RCRA
Clean Air Act
- 50% office, 50% plant floor
- Must be able to move about inside the office and in the plant, climb stairs and ladders.
- Operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine and printer.
- Must be able to frequently communicate with employees and other individuals in person and telephone.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Science, or a related discipline.
- 1-3 years’ experience with safety and environmental programs in a heavy industrial environment. Co-op or intern experience may be considered.
*Please reference “Training Matrix” for additional requirements and competencies specific to this job title
- Applied Learning
- Contributing to Team Success
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making/Problem Solving
- Initiating Action
- Planning and Organizing