Angelo Iafrate Construction Co. is currently seeking a hands-on Corporate Safety Manager
Since the 1960’s, lafrate Construction has been providing construction services to both public and private sector clients with a focus on heavy civil construction in the automotive, highway, road, and site development sectors. Our core asset is people, with the goal of keeping our team & those around us, safe every day. Please check-out www.Iafrate.com for more information.
Safety Program Development:
- Develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive safety program.
- Create safety policies, procedures, and guidelines for specific work activities.
- Maintain safety programs to incorporate new regulations, standards, and best practices.
Compliance and Regulatory Oversight:
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local safety regulations, including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements.
- Conduct regular audits to identify hazards and verify adherence to safety protocols.
Training and Education:
- Develop and deliver safety training programs for employees at all levels, emphasizing safe work practices, hazard recognition, and accident prevention.
- Provide specialized training on a job specific basis.
- Champion a strong safety culture throughout the organization, building a proactive approach to safety among employees.
- Establish safety performance metrics and goals to drive continuous improvement.
- Conduct regular safety meetings, toolbox talks, and safety awareness.
Incident Investigation and Reporting:
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of safety incidents.
- Investigation of workplace accidents, incidents to identify root causes.
- Analyze incident data to identify trends and develop strategies to mitigate risks and prevent future incidents.
Contractor Safety Management:
- Evaluate the safety performance and capabilities of vendors and contractors working on company projects.
- Collaborate with estimating and project management teams to establish safety expectations and ensure compliance among external parties.
Documentation and Recordkeeping:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date safety records, including training documentation, inspections, incident reports, and safety committee meeting minutes.
- Prepare safety reports and presentations for management and regulatory agencies as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A people person, who enjoys a challenge and rises to the occasion.
- Easily relates to & understands people and what motivates them.
- The ability to implement safety that makes a difference.
- Preferred 5+ years experience in the Construction Safety field.
- OSHA 500 certification.
- Ability to lead training.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety or closely related field preferred.
- Professional certification(s) such as CSP, CHST, ARM, are an asset.
- Deep working knowledge of MIOSHA, DOT, and EPA/EGLE standards
- Basic Microsoft Office knowledge (Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Ability to work closely with established team members.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Follow instructions given both orally and in writing.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
We are an employee-owned company, with competitive wage and benefits.
Please provide resume and wage expectations to: email@example.com